1. Anaheim Ducks. Home, away, doesn’t matter. The wins keep piling up.
2. Buffalo Sabres. A sensational 10-2 record in overtime/shootout.
3. San Jose Sharks. Joe Thornton is heating up.
4. Detroit Red Wings. Thank you Toronto for waking up our power play.
5. Nashville Predators. Alex Radulov is here to stay in the NHL.
6. Montreal Canadiens. Star winger Chris Higgins close to returning.
7. Atlanta Thrashers. Interesting test against the Ducks on Wednesday.
8. Dallas Stars. Getting Brenden Morrow back will be nice.
9. New York Rangers. Brendan Shanahan may be the off-season signing of the year.
10. New Jersey Devils. Red-hot in December but will their fans show up to watch?
11. Edmonton Oilers. Surviving despite the injuries.
12. Calgary Flames. Miikka Kiprusoff may very well make it two Vezinas in a row.
13. Ottawa Senators. Life without Daniel Alfredsson isn’t much fun.
14. Minnesota Wild. Welcome back Pavol Demitra.
15. Boston Bruins. Is it time to accept that Tim Thomas is the real deal?
16. Carolina Hurricanes. That was one brutal road trip.
17. Tampa Bay Lightning. Win one, lose one, win one, lose one, etc…
18. New York Islanders. Ted Nolan’s boys are 3-3-0 without top scorer Alexei Yashin.
19. Washington Capitals. Olaf Kolzig says don’t be surprised the Caps are winning games.
20. Pittsburgh Penguins. Sidney Crosby is on pace for 125 points. And possibly an Art Ross Trophy.
21. Colorado Avalanche. The scoring drops off after Joe Sakic.
22. Toronto Maple Leafs. Is there a goaltender controversy here?
23. Vancouver Canucks. Dead last in the NHL in offence.
24. Columbus Blue Jackets. Ken Hitchcock is turning this thing around.
25. Chicago Blackhawks. Welcome Peter Bondra, please fix our power play.
26. Phoenix Coyotes. Things haven’t worked out like Jeremy Roenick envisioned.
27. Los Angeles Kings. Dan Cloutier is better than this.
28. Florida Panthers. Todd Bertuzzi won’t be back anytime soon.
29. Philadelphia Flyers. Simon Gagne quietly on pace for 45-goal season.
30. St. Louis Blues. Can Andy Murray help the Blues like Hitchcock has in Columbus?