1. Nashville Predators. Has anyone noticed the Preds are first overall?
2. Anaheim Ducks. Welcome back Chris Pronger.
3. Buffalo Sabres. An average January for a super team.
4. New Jersey Devils. Somehow Lou’s boys keep getting it done.
5. Detroit Red Wings. Peter Forsberg would be such a nice fit.
6. San Jose Sharks. Riding the best power play in the NHL.
7. Ottawa Senators. Nice to have Mike Fisher back in the lineup.
8. Calgary Flames. Which Craig Conroy will show up in Calgary?
9. Vancouver Canucks. Kevin Bieksa: best-kept secret in hockey.
10. Carolina Hurricanes. Isn’t this the time of the year Jim Rutherford likes to pull a fast one?
11. Atlanta Thrashers. Add a forward and a defenceman and now you’re talking.
12. Montreal Canadiens. Need a win? Retire a jersey.
13. Pittsburgh Penguins. Two defencemen away from being a dangerous team.
14. Dallas Stars. Mike Modano we missed you.
15. Minnesota Wild. Can they hold on to eighth in the West?
16. Tampa Bay Lightning. Are they looking for a goalie again?
17. New York Rangers. A rested Jaromir Jagr is a good thing.
18. Edmonton Oilers. Get Ryan Smyth signed!
19. Colorado Avalanche. Forsberg not a smart fit here.
20. Toronto Maple Leafs. Darcy Tucker: Will he stay or will he go?
21. Phoenix Coyotes. Hanging in there.
22. St. Louis Blues. Firesale is on hold – for now.
23. Florida Panthers. Will likely be too late by the time Todd Bertuzzi comes back.
24. New York Islanders. GM Garth Snow would love to add some scoring punch.
25. Boston Bruins. Fading fast.
26. Washington Capitals. Still another year away from being a playoff team.
27. Columbus Blue Jackets. Haven’t given up just yet.
28. Chicago Blackhawks. The firesale is around the corner.
29. Los Angeles Kings. Nice salary dump in Conroy by GM Dean Lombardi.
30. Philadelphia Flyers. The Forsberg clock continues to tick.