1. Nashville Predators. Statement win over the Ducks on Saturday.
2. Anaheim Ducks. Beware of GM Brian Burke near the trade deadline.
3. Detroit Red Wings. Red-hot 7-2-1 in their last 10 games.
4. Buffalo Sabres. Fighting through the dog days.
5. San Jose Sharks. Start a season-high, eight-game road trip Wednesday.
6. New Jersey Devils. Going after the Sabres for first in the East.
7. Calgary Flames. Interesting tests in Buffalo and Detroit next weekend.
8. Ottawa Senators. Tom Preissing quietly having a real solid season.
9. Vancouver Canucks. Trying to re-sign defenceman Sami Salo.
10. Pittsburgh Penguins. Watch out for this team in the playoffs.
11. Atlanta Thrashers. Sputtering right now.
12. Dallas Stars. Brenden Morrow won’t be back until mid-March.
13. Montreal Canadiens. Need to get rid of Sergei Samsonov.
14. Tampa Bay Lightning. The Bolts have the Thrashers in their sights.
15. Minnesota Wild. Niklas Backstrom is doing more than fine for the injured Manny Fernandez.
16. Carolina Hurricanes. Welcome back Frantisek Kaberle.
17. Toronto Maple Leafs. Leaf Nation believes again.
18. Edmonton Oilers. Gigantic win in Denver on Saturday.
19. New York Rangers. Sean Avery won’t be the only move the Rangers make.
20. Colorado Avalanche. Trying but can’t move Jose Theodore.
21. New York Islanders. Radek Martinek a huge loss.
22. Washington Capitals. Will they trade or re-sign Richard Zednik?
23. Phoenix Coyotes. Need a big win streak to hang in there.
24. St. Louis Blues. Great move slashing season-ticket prices for next year.
25. Florida Panthers. The playoff chase is over. Time to sell.
26. Boston Bruins. The Brad Stuart sweepstakes underway.
27. Columbus Blue Jackets. Time to start selling bodies.
28. Chicago Blackhawks. There’s always next year.
29. Los Angeles Kings. More moves to come from GM Dean Lombardi.
30. Philadelphia Flyers. Jeff Carter having a fine second half.