1. Buffalo Sabres. The January hiccup is history.
2. Nashville Predators. Who’s the No. 1 goalie?
3. Detroit Red Wings. You just know GM Ken Holland will soon make a splash.
4. Anaheim Ducks. Corey Perry in a huge slump.
5. San Jose Sharks. Has Jonathan Cheechoo turned around his season?
6. New Jersey Devils. Beware of the Penguins.
7. Pittsburgh Penguins. Scary, scary, scary good.
8. Ottawa Senators. Statement wins over Montreal last week.
9. Calgary Flames. Message from GM Darryl Sutter: We’re a contender.
10. Dallas Stars. Ladislav Nagy a much-needed boost to low-scoring Stars.
11. Vancouver Canucks. Need to follow Dallas’ lead and upgrade the offence.
12. Atlanta Thrashers. Somehow we don’t think GM Don Waddell is done dealing.
13. Tampa Bay Lightning. Why no talk of Vincent Lecavalier for the Hart Trophy?
14. Minnesota Wild. Marian Gaborik: 16 goals in 23 games.
15. Carolina Hurricanes. A big name will likely be added before the trade deadline.
16. Toronto Maple Leafs. Mats Sundin playing with a chip on his shoulder.
17. Montreal Canadiens. Surely Claude Julien must be enjoying this.
18. Edmonton Oilers. Are they buyers or sellers?
19. New York Islanders. Are they buyers or sellers?
20. New York Rangers. There’s a run left in this team.
21. Colorado Avalanche. The Avs will be sellers for the first time since they moved to Denver.
22. Washington Capitals. Faint playoff hopes went out the window with Olaf Kolzig’s injury.
23. Boston Bruins. Probably not the season Zdeno Chara had envisioned for his new team.
24. Phoenix Coyotes. Nagy’s gone, who’s next?
25. St. Louis Blues. Let the Keith Tkachuk sweepstakes begin.
26. Florida Panthers. Would Ed Belfour interest a team as a rental?
27. Chicago Blackhawks. Can they find a taker for Adrian Aucoin?
28. Columbus Blue Jackets. Bryan Berard and Anson Carter on the block.
29. Los Angeles Kings. Worth the price of admission to watch Anze Kopitar.
30. Philadelphia Flyers. Peter Forsberg picks up his game just in time.