It’s not nearly as dramatic as the Ray Bourque Stanley Cup mission of 2001 or the Dave Andreychuk Cup quest in 2004, but there are nine NHLers with more than 1,000 games to their credit without championship rings.
Ottawa’s Luke Richardson is the regular season games played leader without a Stanley Cup title at 1,415. He’s one season away from the all-time leader, Phil Housley at 1,495.
Here are the other leaders active in this year’s playoffs. The top goalie is Curtis Joseph at 922 games (12th place overall).
10. Martin Straka, NYR, 954 games.
9. Glen Murray, Bos, 1,009 games.
8. Dallas Drake, Det, 1,009 games.
7. Keith Carney, Min, 1,018 games.
6. Bryan Smolinski, Mtl, 1,056 games.
5. Owen Nolan, Cgy, 1,068 games.
4. Roman Hamrlik, Mtl, 1,076 games.
3. Stu Barnes, Dal, 1,136 games.
2. Jeremy Roenick, SJ, 1,321 games.
1. Luke Richardson, Ott, 1,415 games.
The Top 10 appears Wednesdays only on thehockeyenews.com. If you enjoy this feature, subscribe to The Hockey News magazine for the exclusive countdown, Starting From 10, and other great features from the world of hockey.
Enter THN’s Free Playoff Challenge for your chance to win a 2008 Harley-Davidson Night Rod Special Motorcycle. Contest closes at the start of the third round.