BOUCHERVILLE, Que. – The Shawinigan Cataractes completed several last-minute deals as part of a flurry of moves made just ahead of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League trade deadline Thursday.
Shawinigan sent defenceman Brad Yetman and a fourth-round pick in this year’s draft to the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies for centre Maxime Macenauer.
The Cataractes picked up defenceman Mathieu Bolduc from the Chicoutimi Sagueneens for a 2011 first-round pick and also acquired left-winger Nicolas Larocque-Marcoux from the Saint John Sea Dogs for a 2009 fifth-round selection.
The Huskies were just as busy, sending right-winger Jarrad Struthers to the P.E.I. Rocket for 2009 second- and third-round picks. Rouyn-Noranda also sent goaltender Francis Schanck to the Drummondville Voltigeurs for a 2009 10th-round pick.
In other moves prior to the noon ET deadline:
• The Acadie-Bathurst Titan sent left-winger Tomy Joly to the Moncton Wildcats for right-winger Julien Tremblay and second-round picks in 2009 and 2010.
• The Victoriaville Tigres traded defenceman Jeremie Blain to the Acadie-Bathurst Titan for blue-liner Olivier Jannard and fourth- and fifth-round picks in 2010. Victoriaville also sent left-winger Dave Nolin and centre John Esposito to the Gatineau Olympiques for centre Bradley MacDonald and a second-round pick in 2010.
• Saint John acquired goaltender Olivier Ouellet from the Chicoutimi Sagueneens for a second-round selection in 2009.
• The Montreal Juniors acquired defenceman Felix-Antoine Poulin from the Baie-Comeau Drakkar for left-winger Anthony Taylor. The Juniors also acquired left-winger Philippe Fontaine from the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles for a fifth-round pick in 2010.
• The Val-d’Or Foreurs traded centre Louis Leblanc and left-wingers Maxim Guerin and Marc-Andre Carre to the Chicoutimi Sagueneens for third- and ninth-round picks in 2009. The Sagueneens also traded right-winger Andrew Smith to the Halifax Mooseheads for an eighth-round selection in 2009.
• Cape Breton sent centre Artem Demkov to Acadie-Bathurst for an eighth-round pick in 2009.