Washington 5, Montreal 4 (OT) (story/highlights)
– Alex Ovechkin scored two goals and Mike Green scored the overtime-winner.
Detroit 3, Dallas 0 (story/highlights)
– Dan Cleary had two points and Dominik Hasek earned a 22-save shutout.
Philadelphia 3, Toronto 2 (highlights)
– Steve Downie scored his first career goal and Antero Niittymaki made 54 saves.
Tampa Bay 3, Ottawa 4 (OT) (story/highlights)
– Randy Robitaille scored twice and Mike Fisher win the game in overtime.
New Jersey 3, Boston 4 (story/highlights)
– P-J Axelsson and Phil Kessel each had two-point nights.
Minnesota 1, Nashville 4 (story/highlights)
– Alexander Radulov had two points and Dan Ellis mad 29 saves.
Carolina 0, St. Louis 1 (story/highlights)
– Lee Stempniak scored for the Blues and Manny Legace had a 27-save shutout.
Anaheim 2, Phoenix 3 (SO) (story/highlights)
– Peter Mueller had an assist and the only shootout goal.
New York Islanders 1, Colorado 2 (OT) (story/highlights)
– Jordan Leopold and Marek Svatos scored, while Jose Theodore made 23 saves.
News and Views…
Boston: Recalled Tuukka Rask from Providence.
Calgary: Rhett Warrener returned after missing 19 games, but Adrian Aucoin is day-to-day with a groin injury.
Carolina: Niclas Wallin and Andrew Ladd are day-to-day.
Chicago: Assigned Petri Kontiola to Rockford and recalled Troy Brouwer.
Dallas: Sergei Zubov returned from a hand injury.
Edmonton: Sheldon Souray and Ales Hemsky returned from injuries.
New York Rangers: Brendan Shanahan returned to the lineup after missing one game.
Phoenix: Shane Doan returned from a minor hand injury.
St. Louis: Andy McDonald and Barret Jackman returned form injuries… Assigned Steven Wagner to Peoria.
Tampa Bay: Kyle Wanvig was recalled from Norfolk.
Toronto: Mark Bell is out indefinitely with a fractured orbital bone.
Washington: Brian Pothier is day-to-day with an upper body injury,
What’s on tap…
Buffalo at Atlanta, 2:00 p.m.
Detroit at Chicago, 7:00 p.m.
The Hockey News Daily Dish, a roundup of all the previous day’s news, appears each morning only on THN.com.