Boston 4, Montreal 7 (story/highlights)
– The Canadiens outshot Boston 52-36 and had seven different scorers.
New Jersey 6, Philadelphia 2 (story/highlights)
– Martin Brodeur made 26 saves to earn his 500th career win.
Florida 1, Carolina 2 (story)
– Rod Brind’Amour scored twice for the Hurricanes.
Chicago at Detroit (story/highlights)
– Patrick Sharp scored a hat trick and Rene Bourque added two short-handed goals.
N.Y. Rangers 4, Pittsburgh 3 (story/highlights)
– Jason Strudwick scored in overtime in a come-from-behind victory for the Rangers.
St. Louis 3, Nashville 2 (story/highlights)
– Hannu Toivonen made 35 saves and Brad Boyes scored the only goal in the shootout.
Calgary 3, Edmonton 1 (story/highlights)
– Owen Nolan and Matthew Lombardi each had a goal and an assist in the Calgary win.
Boston– Lost Andrew Ference with a sprained knee and recalled Matt Hunwick from Providence. (more…)
Chicago– Rene Bourque blocked a shot with his hand Saturday and did not return. He will be examined Sunday…Brent Sopel returned to the lineup Saturday after missing two games with the flu.
Minnesota– Mikko Koivu will miss about a week with a cracked bone in his left leg after being slashed by Mattias Ohlund. (more…)
What’s on tap tonight…
Detroit at Columbus, 5:00 p.m.
Colorado at Minnesota, 6:00 p.m.
Calgary at Vancouver, 8:00 p.m.
The Hockey News Daily Dish, a roundup of all the previous day’s news, appears each morning only on THN.com.