The Hockey News presents it’s first List Issue. In addition to our annual NHL awards, we take a look at the year that was by examining every facet of the game, including top goalie masks, most controversial moments, worst jerseys and much more.
The issue also features…
– The return of our Franchise Rankings, featuring a 10-point criteria, and how Chicago has gone from worst-to-first in all aspects in the past decade
– Matt Larkin checks in on five-time Stanley Cup champion Grant Fuhr to talk about his upcoming autobiography that leaves no stone unturned
– Adam Proteau explains why it may be for the best if Alex Ovechkin and the Capitals part ways
– Ryan Kennedy goes one-on-one with the voice that is synonymous with hockey, Bob Cole. The 80-year-old discusses his thirst for playoff hockey and whether or not he plans to leave the broadcast booth
– Ronnie Shuker attempts to be the savior of the masses, as he lists his hockey “fan faux pas”
– Our annual visor survey…is shield use on the rise?
– In Prospect Reports: Nick Ritchie and Brayden Point are sure to make the teams that draft them happy in the long run
– People though Punch Imlach was mad when he said his 1958-59 Maple Leafs would make the playoffs. Stan Fischler explains why in his Strange But True column
– As London gets set to host the Memorial Cup again, we look back at the best one of the best junior teams of all-time: the 2004-05 Knights
– Ken Campbell lists off the best five games he’s seen live during his long career as a writer (and fan)