In the May 5th edition of The Hockey News: With the NHL playoffs underway, we take a look at hockey’s past and present, examining the game’s best playoff performers, as well as a few players still searching for their first Stanley Cup.
The issue features…
• The 20th anniversary of the New York Rangers’ last Stanley Cup through the eyes of the players that brought them there
• How this year's Boston Bruins team has extra motivation to add another ring
• Adam Proteau believes race is the reason for criticism to Evander Kane’s performance
• Features on the Penguins’ Marc-Andre Fleury and the Sharks’ Joe Pavelski
• Ken Campbell looks at what really happened with Terry Trafford, the 20-year-old OHL who tragically took his own life
• Team Reports for all 30 teams, with each club’s defining moment of demise or success
• Five players who could be sent packing with a buyout and end up looking for work elsewhere
• In Strange But True: Eddie Shore’s wild one night – a 22-hour journey through a snowstorm from Boston to Montreal
• Why blue-chipper John Gibson is destined for NHL stardom…if he can outplay the Ducks plethora of goalie prospects
• How former NHLer Anson Carter went from sniper to music/movie mogul in his post-hockey life
• And much, much more.