In the Jan. 25 issue of The Hockey News:
Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!
• After a phenomenal start to the season, Philadelphia’s Mike Richards hit a skid after his a controversial hit on David Booth. The cover story features a rejuvenated Richards who’s on his way up after getting the call to represent Canada on the world stage at the 2010 Olympics.
• You thought the Leafs were bad. Brian Costello brings you the story of the worst team in the history of organized hockey: The Plattsburg Pioneers.
• Jason Kay takes a look at how competing in the Olympics could be effecting your favorite team’s playoff chances.
• In the Slot with Ken Campbell explores the shrinking hockey world and gives his opinion as to why the Czechs and Slovaks are no longer competitive in international play.
• Inside the NHL explores what could happen to standout Montreal Canadien Tomas Plekanec as he approaches UFA eligibility. Also: which players got snubbed from an Olympic appearance, the best and worst of the hockey world in Plus/Minus and five RFAs who could take one-year deals in search of bigger UFA bucks in 2011.
• Ryan Kennedy showcases Team USA emerging as a powerhouse at the 2010 World Junior Championships.
• In Overtime, Eric Duhatschek explains why all but three Flames getting snubbed from the Olympics may just work to their advantage.
• NHL Team Reports take a look at the most valuable and most disappointing players at the NHL’s mid-point.
• Get the latest depth charts, including who’s injured, who’s on the first power play unit and who’s next in line for a call-up.
• In Crowd Shots, we spend Two Minutes in the Box with Jason Spezza, show you our best Letters to the Editor and Proteau answers your questions in Ask Adam.
• In Prospects Unlimited we feature the best up and comers from the American League, Europe, U.S. College and Major Junior.
• Inside the Numbers breaks down the first 41 games of the season in the high and low first-half report.
• Last Minute of Play features Ryan Kennedy’s Jersey Hound, which showcases Austria’s world juniors jersey, as well as Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle and Charlie Teljeur’s hockeysockpuppettheatre cartoon.