In the July 6 edition of The Hockey News:
Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!
• In our cover story, we look at the 2009 Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins and why they will continue to dominate the NHL for years to come.
• Inside the NHL features free agency in the eyes of an NHL agent, Starting from 5 and expectations for the 2009 draft class.
• What happened? In Overtime, Eric Duhatschek discusses why the Colorado Avalanche only have themselves to blame for their 2008-09 failure.
• Editor in chief Jason Kay names THN’s picks for coach and GM of the year.
• In Proteau Type, columnist Adam Proteau talks about Philadelphia’s signing of Ray Emery and the impact it will have on Broad Street.
• Ken Campbell discusses the turmoil in Phoenix in his In the Slot column.
• On The Opinion Page, Michael Russo looks at the Minnesota Wild’s front office overhaul and the changes it will bring.
• Our NHL team reports take you through news and views for each NHL squad.
• A special look at the connection between hockey and golf, the famous summer pastime of NHLers.
• Prospects Unlimited examines up-and-comer Grant Clitsome, AHL playoff MVP Michal Neuvirth and OHL defenseman of the year Ryan Ellis.
• Inside the numbers takes you through the free agent frenzy and scoring leaders throughout the playoffs.
• In Crowd Shots, the best letters to the editor are featured and Adam Proteau answers readers’ questions in Ask Adam.
• THN’s 2009 Goalie Buyer’s Guide, including the modern goaltending equipment of various companies.
• The best and worst of hockey in plus/minus.
• Last Minute of Play features Charlie Teljeur’s hockeysockpuppettheatre cartoon, Larry Humber’s hockey crossword puzzle and Ryan Kennedy’s Jersey Hound, featuring the 1933-34 Toronto Maple Leafs’ St. Patrick’s Day special.