In the June 8 issue of The Hockey News:
Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!
• In our cover story, we look at the best and worst of 2008-09. Is the NHL heading in the right direction or is it a case of one step forward and two back?
• In our secondary feature, Ken Campbell focuses on Alexander Mogilny’s journey from Russia to the NHL, which happened 20 years ago.
• Inside the NHL looks at Red Wings netminder Chris Osgood’s incredible talent, the traditional playoff handshake and the relationship between a winning team and a large fan base.
• Should they stay or should they go? In Overtime, Eric Duhatschek gives the scoop on NHL veteran’s choices.
• Editor in chief Jason Kay underlines the importance of owning up to mistakes in relation to the disaster in Phoenix.
• In Proteau Type, columnist Adam Proteau discusses the almost-did-but-will-soon teams of the regular season.
• In the Slot: Ken Campbell gives the latest on Sidney Crosby’s playoff success.
• Find out which NHLer’s sisters are trying to work their way up in the hockey world in Cassie Campbell-Pascall’s Beyond the Spotlight.
• Ryan Kennedy looks at the new drug of the NHL: composite sticks on The Opinion Page.
• Our NHL team reports break down each team’s probable draft choices for this summer.
• Prospects Unlimited takes a closer look at Anton Khudobin, James van Riemsdyk and Simon Despres.
• Inside the numbers: Draftees are making the jump much quicker.
• In Crowd Shots, the best letters to the editor are featured, Adam Proteau answers readers’ questions in Ask Adam and Maple Leafs blueliner Ian White spends Two Minutes in the Box with THN.
• The best and worst of hockey in Plus/Minus.
• Hardcore Hockey brings you the best of the CHL, ECHL, IHL and CJHL.
• Last Minute of Play features Charlie Teljeur’s hockeysockpuppettheatre cartoon, Larry Humber’s hockey crossword puzzle and Ryan Kennedy’s Jersey Hound, where he takes a look at the 2009 Memorial Cup.