In the Sept. 17, 2012 issue of The Hockey News:
• Restoring the Glory. How to put the pieces back together for the proud Montreal Canadiens franchise.
• In his editor’s notebook, Jason Kay writes that Montreal’s rebuild doesn’t need to be immediate: they have time on their side.
• In the THN Inbox, the best letters to the editor are printed and Adam answers your questions in the mailbag.
• Inside Hockey looks at the CHLPA; how refs, players and the league are continuing to look at cracking down obstruction; and much more.
• We break down the behind-the-scenes actors in the CBA war and what each person involved does.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau writes that the NHL and the PA are forgetting about the “little people” impacted by the lockout.
• In NHL Team Reports, we look at how Mark Scheifele being sent back to major junior last season broke the organization’s trend of pushing draft picks to the NHL right away; the Blue Jackets have nowhere to go but up; and we provide depth charts and notes on all 30 NHL teams.
• Prospect Report looks at Tampa Bay prospect Mark Barberio an draft eligible Morgan Klimchuk.
• In Overtime, Ken Campbell writes that the owners can negotiate the CBA slowly, with the knowledge the fans will always come back.