In the Sept. 28 issue of The Hockey News:
Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!
• It’s our NHL Season Preview issue. In our cover story, Ken Campbell wonders if Roberto Luongo’s Vancouver Canucks have what it takes to be a Stanley Cup threat this season.
• In Overtime, Eric Duhatschek analyzes Steve Mason and whether or not he can repeat his outstanding rookie performance.
• Editor in chief Jason Kay weighs in on the pressure facing the Canadian Olympic team this February.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau admits the three-point system is here to stay and explains why it is a boon for the league.
• Ken Campbell’s In the Slot looks forward to the Olympics and putting a bizarre off-season behind us.
• Inside the NHL reveals the favorites to win the Cup and other awards according to our pre-season poll, looks forward to an exciting winter schedule and Starting From 5 counts down the biggest headline-makers from the off-season.
• Our Conference Preview ranks Cup contenders in the East and West, analyzes how well Tampa Bay’s Victor Hedman will handle his first year in North America as well as what Jay Bouwmeester brings to Calgary’s defense corps.
• In Crowd Shots, the best Letters to the Editor are featured and Adam Proteau answers readers’ questions in Ask Adam.
• Our Olympic Tracker looks at how the league’s top teams will cope with sharing their best players with the international teams.
• The best and worst of hockey in plus/minus.
• Our NHL Team Reports outline the expectations and hopes surrounding each NHL team.
• We rank the top 20 players in the NHL at each position, featuring Zdeno Chara, Zach Parise, Jeff Carter, Corey Perry and Niklas Backstrom.