In the Jan. 29 issue of The Hockey News:
– In the cover story, we have two words for the Los Angeles Kings: Stay Bad!
– The AHL All-Star Classic Preview.
– Inside The NHL: Over-35 goalies are playing like kids again.
– In his editor’s Notebook Jason Kay questions the old adage that a good fight can change a game’s momentum.
– On the Opinion Page Aaron Portzline says that whether they’re in the playoffs or not at the trade deadline, the Blue Jackets should consider being sellers.
– In his In The Slot Column Senior Writer Ken Campbell says that pre-lockout free agent greed has been replaced by post-lockout free agent fear.
– In our Ask The Experts feature we answer your questions about the world of hockey.
– Team Reports tell you who the ‘glue guy’ is on each of the 30 NHL teams.
– In Overtime, senior writer Mike Brophy ponders who should be named to Team Canada’s coaching staff for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.
– In Prospects Unlimited, we cover players and teams from the AHL, NCAA and the CHL; give you the inside-scoop on minor pro leagues across North America; and profile Justin Pogge, Pascal Pelletier, Kelsey Tessier and Ryan McDonagh.
– Your Letters To The Editor discuss the great people of the NHL, Sergei Fedorov, Don Cherry on U.S. television and the Winter Classic.
– Beyond The Spotlight profiles a former first round pick who has gone on to make a name for himself in a number of fields outside of hockey.
– In Fresh Legs – our welcome to the NHL feature – we highlight Senators center Cody Bass.
– Our Plus/Minus looks at the best and worst of hockey.
– In Snapshots, we mention Nicklas Backstrom’s rise to the top of the Calder crop; Jonathan Cheechoo’s fall from grace; and the NHL’s most dangerous shorthanded teams.
– Inside The Numbers looks at the NHL’s clutch scorers.
– Updated NHL depth Charts.
– Fan Shootout with Marian Gaborik.