The San Jose Sharks and Anaheim Ducks appear to have turned around their seasons. A look at our totally subjective and weekly ranking of the league’s 30 clubs:
1. Ottawa Senators. They’re 3-0-0 against very good Habs team this year.
2. Detroit Red Wings. Again, can’t beat the Hawks!
3. San Jose Sharks. That’s the Sharks team hyped in pre-season.
4. Anaheim Ducks. Try 6-1-1 in November.
5. New York Rangers. Nice 4-0-0 road trip.
6. Carolina Hurricanes. What a year Cory Stillman is having.
7. Montreal Canadiens. Must improve five-on-five scoring.
8. Minnesota Wild. Loss of Mikko Koivu a big one.
9. Colorado Avalanche. Brutal road record.
10. New York Islanders. Loving their 3-0-0 record against the Rangers!
11. Vancouver Canucks. Is Markus Naslund back?
12. Philadelphia Flyers. Need a healthy Simon Gagne.
13. Chicago Blackhawks. Getting lots of offence from the D.
14. Tampa Bay Lightning. Vinny Lecavalier on fire.
15. St. Louis Blues. David Perron turning some heads.
16. Nashville Predators. Radek Bonk comes alive.
17. Boston Bruins. Can’t beat the Habs (0-3-0).
18. New Jersey Devils. Near the bottom on PP and PK.
19. Pittsburgh Penguins. Ilya Bryzgalov would have been a good fit.
20. Columbus Blue Jackets. Ron Hainsey having a decent start.
21. Dallas Stars. Sergei Zubov still one of the best.
22. Calgary Flames. At some point this stops being funny.
23. Toronto Maple Leafs. Best game of the year in win over Sens.
24. Buffalo Sabres. Convincing win over Montreal their turning point?
25. Atlanta Thrashers. Don Waddell for the Jack Adams?
26. Phoenix Coyotes. Great pick-up in Bryzgalov.
27. Los Angeles Kings. Rebuilding takes patience.
28. Edmonton Oilers. Goalie controversy?
29. Florida Panthers. How many games left in the season?
30. Washington Capitals. This was supposed to be their turnaround year.