The coach and co-owner of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League franchise said Thursday he has been buoyed by support he has received since controversy broke out last week over a shoving match in which he was allegedly involved.
Roy had previously indicated he was contemplating his future with the team in the wake of a complaint filed with police by Pierre Cardinal, a representative of the Chicoutimi Sagueneens, after a game between the two teams.
Cardinal announced Thursday he is dropping legal proceedings against Roy.
"I was really shaky and certainly it put in jeopardy the future of what I was doing," Roy told a news conference in Quebec City just after news broke of the complaint being withdrawn.
"I was extremely disappointed in a lot of things. When I started receiving phone calls and seeing the support I had, it made me realize there are a lot of people who appreciate what I am doing.
"And the reason why I was involved in junior came up on top and that's what I wanted to see."
Cardinal said he and his family had also been shaken by the event.