- Dunno if it's An-zay Kopitar or An-jay Kopitar, but either way, the Kings' rookie can play. Seven points in his first seven games is no fluke for my sleeper pick to win this season's Calder Trophy. It's worth staying up late to watch the kid.
- Is it too early to un-heap all those superlatives I've been heaping on the Phoenix Coyotes for the last two months? Yes, but not by much. The way Curtis Joseph (.869 save percentage) and Mike Morrison (.825 SP) are Â“playingÂ”, GM Mike Barnett will soon have to start angling for a goalie.
- Hmmmm...so Peter Forsberg is injured, eh? That's giving me a strong feeling of dÃ©jÃ vu. Actually, with Foppa, it's more like dÃ©jÃ vu vu vu vu vu vu vu.
- I'm really hoping Coyotes afterthought Tyson Nash signs with the Pittsburgh Penguins at some point. Then they'd have Crosby, Nils (Ekman) and Nash. Don't laugh Â– it may trick some otherwise-unaware fans into buying NHL tickets.
- Attendance in New Jersey for last night's game against the Nashville Predators? Um, 11,274. Can you imagine what it might be if the Devils stunk?
- Loved Hawks coach Trent Yawney's analogy about every goaltending stat other than wins:
Â“(They) are like bikinis,Â” he told the Chicago Sun-Times. Â“They show you a little, but not everything. I don't look at those stats.Â”
Trent, have you seen bikinis lately? Ever been to Brazil? Have you caught the trailer for the new Borat movie yet?
Anze is just sensational, what we Kings have been waiting for...and I don't care if I live in Italy and I have to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to watch him. Anze is worth it.