Toronto 2, Carolina 3 (OT) (story/highlights)
- Cory Stillman had two points and Scott Walker scored the overtime-winner to mount a comeback from 2-0 down after two periods.
Calgary 3, Columbus 1 (story/highlights)
- Kristian Huselius had two points and Miikka Kiprusoff made 37 saves.
Phoenix 3, Philadelphia 2 (story/highlights)
- Peter Mueller scored the game-winner in the third period and Ilya Bryzgalov made 26 saves.
Ottawa 3, Boston 2 (story/highlights)
- Jason Spezza had two goals, including the game-winner and Martin Gerber made 26 saves.
Florida 3, Montreal 2 (story/highlights)
- Stephen Weiss scored the eventual game-winner and Tomas Vokoun made 23 saves.
Nashville 2, Minnesota 3 (story/highlights)
- Eric Belanger, Pierre-Marc Bouchard and Brent Burns all had two-point nights.
Dallas 2, Edmonton 1 (SO) (story/highlights)
- Both regulation goals were scored in the first period and Sergei Zubov scored the only shootout goal as Marty Turco made 33 saves.
New Jersey 0, Vancouver 5 (story/highlights)
- Markus Naslund scored twice, the Sedin twins combined for four points and Roberto Luongo returned with a 32 save shutout.
Anaheim 2, San Jose 0 (story/highlights)
- Corey Perry and Bobby Ryan scored for the Ducks and J-S Giguere had a 20 save shutout.
News and Views…
Anaheim: Kent Huskins returned from a bruised knee while Brad May is out indefinitely with a broken right foot.
Atlanta: Tobias Enstrom leads all rookies in ice time, but Craig Custance of the Atlanta Journal and Constitution writes that he is showing no signs of hitting a rookie wall. (more...)
Boston: Tim Thomas returned to the lineup, but Andrew Alberts is day-to-day with headaches.
Buffalo: Dmitri Kalinin, who has been out since October with a knee injury, is expected to return Wednesday.
Carolina: Rod Brind’Amour is day-to-day with the flu… Re-assigned Kevin Nastiuk to Florida of the East Coast League.
Chicago: Acquired Ben Eager from Philadelphia for Jim Vandermeer… Petri Kontiola was recalled from Rockford… Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune blames lack of power play success for the team’s December slide. (more...)
Columbus: Derek MacKenzie was recalled from Syracuse… Michael Peca is day-to-day with a strained pectoral muscle.
Detroit: David Goricki of the Detroit News asks: “Is Pavel Datsyuk the best player in the NHL?” (more...)
Minnesota: Jacques Lemaire coached his 1000th NHL game Tuesday, which is a surprise because he didn’t want to coach in the first place, writes Bruce Brothers of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. (more...)
Montreal: Cory Urquhart was re-assigned to Cincinnati of the ECHL.
Nashville: Martin Erat returned form injury… Assigned Antti Pihlstrom to Milwaukee.
New York Rangers: Marek Malik is day-to-day with an illness… Assigned Al Montoya to Hartford.
Ottawa: Brian McGrattan returned from a shoulder injury… Re-assigned Jim Mckenzie to Binghamton.
Philadelphia: Acquired Jim Vandermeer for Ben Eager… Kimmo Timonen returned to the lineup.
Pittsburgh: Sergei Gonchar and Ryan Christensen both returned from injury, but Ryan Malone is day-to-day with the flu.
Toronto: Recalled Anton Stralman and Jiri Tlusty.
Vancouver: Brendan Morrison is out until mid-March after wrist surgery… Roberto Luongo returned after missing three games with a rib injury… Assigned Julien Ellis to Victoria of the ECHL.
Buffalo at N.Y. Islanders, 7:00 p.m.
Los Angeles at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Nashville at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Colorado at Anaheim, 10:00 p.m.
The Hockey News Daily Dish, a roundup of all the previous day’s news, appears each morning only on THN.com.