On this week's episode of The Hockey News On The 'Q' Podcast with Will MacLaren and Jamie Tozer covering everything QMJHL:
- Thomas Beauregard joins the show to talk about his No. 28 being retired by the Acadie-Bathurst Titan last Saturday. He is the last player in the QMJHL to score 70 goals in a season, with 71 in 2006-07.
- The Drummondville Voltigeurs fired coach Steve Hartley last Wednesday after the team's slow start. They are 14th out of 18 teams with a 10-11 record, including going 0-2 since GM Philippe Boucher took over as interim coach.
- Will there ever be another 70-goal scorer again in the QMJHL?
- The San Jose Sharks are this week's NHL team profile. Jake Furlong is the only Shark still in the 'Q', but there are five alumni in the AHL and ECHL and three NHLers from the junior league, including Timo Meier and Marc-Edouard Vlasic.
- Defenseman Matteo Mann of the Chicoutimi Sagueneens is the 2023 NHL draft-eligible prospect of the week. Mann is 6-foot-6, 222 pounds and is a "B" ranked prospect by NHL Central Scouting.
- Much more, including a mailbag, key matchups to watch and the team and player of the week.
Check out more of our podcasts from the last week: